Annual general meeting elects new board members, approves dividend
Last week over 100 members and staff of Oikocredit International gathered for a week of meetings in Noordwijkerhout, the Netherlands. The week concluded with the cooperative’s annual general meeting (AGM) on 9 June.
The AGM elected two new members to its supervisory board, Mr Vincent De Waele from Belgium and Mr Eduardo Jimenez from the Philippines. The supervisory board re-elected Ms Jacinta Hamann de Vivero from Peru for a second term as chair of the supervisory board. Mr Karsten Löffler from Germany was elected as vice-chair.
The members thanked outgoing supervisory board members Martina Straub from Switzerland and Karen Nazaryan from Armenia for their valuable contributions to both the supervisory board and Oikocredit’s mission.
Motions approved by the members included the creation of a new members’ council to strengthen members’ voices in the cooperative.
The AGM also approved the proposal by the managing board to pay a 2% dividend for 2015. Other changes adopted included the integration of the audit committee into the supervisory board.
- 06/30 - Oikocredit invests US$ 4.4M in Costa Rican wind projects
- 06/28 - Oikocredit presents Coffee Excellence Awards
- 06/21 - Oikocredit invests $8M in Mongolian bank, XacBank
- 06/17 - Oikocredit releases social results for 2015
- 06/15 - Annual general meeting elects new board members, approves dividend
- 06/01 - “Oikocredit has far more influence and impact on people than I realised”
- 06/01 - Oikocredit managing director David Woods steps down