Join Oikocredit US in 2019
Oikocredit is a cooperative that brings together thousands of people who share the goal of improving the quality of life of low-income people in a sustainable way. Dedicated networks of professionals, volunteers, and member organizations are key to Oikocredit’s success as a global cooperative.
We build social impact and we build community.
As a cooperative, Oikocredit invites its investors and members to participate in our work. Our global work is about more than financial return. It’s about respect, it’s about reaching across boundaries, and it’s about social impact. Fundamentally, it’s about relationships and community.
Every member matters.
When you join Oikocredit you become a member of a worldwide cooperative with more than 57,000 members. And every member matters. When you join Oikocredit, you help sustain our global programs and you become part of a community that shares your passion and values.
Members are critical to our success investing in people and also learn from pioneering experts in social financing and sustainable development. You might value membership if you answer yes to the following questions.
- Do you want to learn more about social investing, microfinance, sustainable agriculture, or renewable energy projects in the Global South?
- Do you want to take a peek behind the scenes at best practices in microfinance and sustainable development?
- Do you want to meet enterprising farmers and businesswomen who are changing the face of their communities?
- Do you want to meet with like-minded people who share your passion and values?
Becoming a member opens up a world of opportunity for you and our partners.
When you become a member of Oikocredit US, you gain access to international study tours, free local programming and members-only webinars.
To sweeten the deal, at year-end we’re expressing our appreciation through a few giveaways. When you become a member you can receive a bar of Theo Chocolate (sourced in part from Norandino Cooperative), a bag of fair-trade coffee, or an Oikocredit mug or tote bag.
To recap, members can:
- Participate in international study tours
- Access members-only webinars
- Attend free local events
- Enjoy partner-sourced chocolate and coffee and other goodies
Learn more about the international organization and what it means to be a cooperative.